Join us for our Youth Family Campout 2021 Friday, March 19th to Saturday, March 20th in Franklinton, LA (see map below)! We'll eat great food (and smores), play games, learn some simple survival skills, and have a bunch of fun! The cost is $12 per person or $35 per family. Please let us know if you are coming by Tuesday, March 16th to give us enough time to gather groceries and supplies. We'll leave from Ty and Eli's house (4618 Chalfant Dr. Metairie, LA. 70001) at 5:30pm on the 19th and leave around lunchtime the next day. A list of what you'll need and a disclaimer is below. Feel free to call pastor Jason (504 255-8292) or Mrs. Liev (504 342-9033) if you have any questions.
Bible or Bible app
Mat or pad for underneath your sleeping bag (recommended)
Flashlights or headlamps
Warm clothes & hand warmers if it is cold
Bathroom items - toothbrush, toothpaste, chapstick, wet wipes/toilet paper, medicine, etc.
Mud boots or shoes (if it rains previous days)
Any luxury items you'd like to bring that won't make others jealous!
There are several ways you can pay:
- In the Venmo app search for: neworleanscommunitychurch
- For Zelle through your bank use: email@example.com
- Give to Jason or Liev
- What if my child would like to come but I as the parent cannot? No worries. They can bring their own tent or we will have plenty of extra tent space. If they do not have a tent they will be placed in tents together w/ their friends. We have plenty of chaperones as well. Call Jason or Liev for more details and to coordinate.
- There are no bathrooms. This is wilderness camping in a field on private property. Bring a trowel (small shovel) and some tp as the bathrooms are in the woods.
- What if I cannot come up with the group at 5:30pm? No worries. Check the map below and come up as soon as you can!
Directions are as follows: take the Causeway all the way up through Folsom (190 and then merge left onto 25 after you pass "The Chimes" & "TBT" restaurants). About 1-2 miles north of Folsom turn left onto Hwy 450. At 5.7 miles the entrance to the campground is on your left (black fence, American flag, small led lights on the fence posts).